Monday, August 15, 2011

Ready to Roll!

So she's ready to go Camping! We have our trip planned this next weekend and I finally got the finishing touches in place, including the new Black tank valve.

It took a bit of "help" as I didn't exactly get the right one... the rear was supposed to be flush fitting, and I got one with a stepped lip. Crap. A quick trip to Lowes and I got a makeshift gasket and glued it on. Let that set then added more glue when I installed it... presto! no more leaks... wait what is that dripping?

Yup after 2 days of fighting with the valve, sure enough there was a 3" crack in the holding tank... son of a.... ran down to the local car parts store and picked up a roll of that steel infused epoxy putty. Mashed up a whole roll and shoved a bunch inside the hole and mashed a bunch on the outside. let that sit for a bit then sealed it even more on the edges with the silicon based glue I happened to have right there from the valve fix. Sweet... no more leaks!

Thought I would check the freshwater holding tank and the water pump... good thing as after I filled 40 gallons in the tank and tried the pump, all the seals were pretty much toast and it leaked all over from the pump. Out came the old pump, and in went a new Shurflow 2088. (2.8GPM, 45PSI, On-demand) got that plumbed in, re-filled the tank and presto I have fantastic water pressure when I need it on the road. :)

One other thing I did this weekend was installed a new bathroom light... then thought there is no way my 4 year old could reach that in the middle of the night... so I ran a set of wires down to a switch I installed on the wall to the left of the sink, just below the cabinet/mirror. I used a switch that wasn't quite working anymore by the back door, and used that in the bathroom. Presto, we now have a factory-looking switch!

I put all of the camping "stuff" back in... dishes, martini shaker.. you know all the important things. And I am amazed at how much room I still have! didn't even touch the overhead bins, the cabinet over the fridge, or even 1/2 of the space in the pantry cupboards. Fantastic.

We leave Friday, I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment