Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My Entertainment System

So I bought a car stereo from my brother a while back,


The deck has some cool features. Built in 3" LCD screen, 2 RCA Video outputs and 1 Backup Camera Input. Plays MP3 and DVDs, SD card input, Line in and USB for plenty of flexibility. So it looks like the 8-Track is coming out after all in favor of the new media.

I figure I can run my Android phone on Google Maps or Pandora, piped in to the stereo. Movies? Sure I can do that too, it plays off the internal DVD, SD Card or USB. So when I install this where the 8Track once lived, it will become the multimedia hub of the RV. I will run a RCA Video and Audio back to the new entertainment system, and I think I will run a 12v power feed from the rear 'house' batteries to the front at the same time. My thinking on that is I will need to run the stereo when I want to watch movies and such, so it would be better run off the rear batteries as the converter will charge those and provide power when plugged in. The Coach automatically charges the front and rear batteries while driving and I won't risk running the starting battery down by accident.

So I removed the speaker in the wall on the starboard rear, the other 3 speakers will run off the new deck power (May need to upgrade them eventually too... but not right now.) and the line out for audio will run to the Altec Lansing PC speakers and sub woofer as well. So it will be (or can be) pretty loud. (Already tested it with Pandora on my phone) :)

So the speakers while traveling can run off the Inverter, then be swapped to 110v when we plug in at the camp site. This should work out quite well. Very minimal equipment needed or valuable space taken up.

So here is where the new Entertainment system will live. I still have access to the other inputs so if I wanted to plug in my laptop I could do that too.

IMAG1409

No comments:

Post a Comment